K-4 Active Health Games
This document is intended to provide classroom and physical education teachers with active lessons for specific health learning outcomes (K-4). It is designed to complement the provincial curriculum, Kindergarten to Grade 4 Physical Education/Health Education: A Foundation for Implementation. The focus is on activities that will help students obtain the outcomes while reaping the benefits of being physically active.
- The document is organized by General learning Outcomes (GLO's) in the same manner as the K-4 Physical Education/Health Education Curriculum and colour-coded for ease of use:
- Fitness is GLO 2 and coloured red
- Safety is GLO 3 and coloured yellow
- Healthy Lifestyle Practices is GLO 5 and coloured green.
- Each activity lists the outcome(s) to be covered along with a written and pictorial explanation.
- Variations and teaching hints are also listed at the bottom of each activity.
- Has many activities that can be taught with minimal equipment in smaller spaces such as classrooms.
- Includes all blackline masters.
- K-6 Physical Education teachers
- Classroom teachers instructing Health
- University Physical Education/Education students
- Paperback: Three-hole punched, 60 pgs of activities;
- 60 pgs of blackline masters
- Published: 2004
- Language: available in English (also available in French)
- ISBN: ISBN 0-9735083-0-2
- Purchase: through Movement Skills Committee Manitoba