Basic Movement Skills (K-3)
This booklet was prepared for teachers to provide a further understanding of basic movement skill development, observation, assessment and program implementation.
- Defines the 14 basic movement skills and the phases of development: Initial, Formative, Mature.
- Each of the 5 transport skills, 7 manipulation skills, and two balance abilities are presented with a description of characteristics at each phase of development, teaching hints, progressions and equipment to use.
- There are suggestions for organization and implementation of program and recommended equipment.
- Early Years Physical Education teachers
- Classroom teachers instructing PE
- University Physical Education/Education students
- Paperback: Three-hole punched, 43 pgs
- Published: 1990
- Language: available in English (also available in French)
- ISBN: 0-771-0946-6
- Purchase: through Movement Skills Committee Manitoba
- Or Manitoba Textbook Bureau (Stock# T 87164)