K-6 Fast Forward to Fitness
This document is intended to assist teachers in implementing the General Learning Outcome (GLO) of Fitness Management. It is based on the outcomes for the Manitoba provincial curriculum but would be suitable to use in any K-6 Physical Education program.
- The document is organized into five physical activity categories, each separated
by a different coloured divider:
- Whole Class Activities
- Rhythmic/Gymnastic Activities
- Alternative Pursuits
- An alphabetical activity finder/outcome chart listing corresponding blackline master(s).
- Outcome-based activities which are linked to health-related (i.e. cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength/endurance, flexibility) and skill-related fitness components (i.e. agility, balance, co-ordination, power, reaction time, speed).
- Written explanations and accompanying diagrams.
- Teaching hints and variations are listed at the bottom of each activity description.
- Organizational and safety tips.
- Activities for some of the newest fitness equipment: agility ladders, exercise balls, pedometers and resistance bands.
- Yoga Cards needed are supplied on website for printing. Free download
- Exercise Cards needed will be supplied on website later this year.
- K-6 Physical Education teachers
- University Physical Education/Education students
- Paperback: Three-hole punched, 127 pgs of activities; 67 pgs of blackline masters
- Published: 2008
- Language: English (also available in French)
- ISBN: 978-0-9735083-1-4
- Purchase: through Movement Skills Committee Manitoba